1. Lewis GM, Neville C, Ashkanasy NM. Emotional
intelligence and affective events in nurse education:
A narrative review. Nurse education today. 2017;
2. Van der Linden D, Pekaar KA, Bakker AB, Schermer
JA, Vernon PA, Dunkel CS, et al. Overlap between
the general factor of personality and emotional
intelligence: A meta-analysis. Psychological bulletin.
3. Johansson P, Oleni M, Fridlund B. Patient satisfaction
with nursing care in the context of health care: a
literature study. Scandinavian journal of caring
4. Crowne KA, Young TM, Goldman B, Patterson B,
Krouse AM, Proenca J. Leading nurses: emotional
intelligence and leadership development effectiveness.
Leadership in Health Services. 2017;30(3):217-32.
5. Hegney DG, Craigie M, Hemsworth D, Osseiran-
Moisson R, Aoun S, Francis K, et al. Compassion
satisfaction, compassion fatigue, anxiety, depression
and stress in registered nurses in Australia: study
1 results. Journal of Nursing Management.
6. Bazrafkan L, Shokrpour N, Yousefi A, Yamani N.
Management of Stress and Anxiety Among PhD
Students During Thesis Writing: A Qualitative Study.
The health care manager. 2016; 35(3):231-40.
7. Fernandez R, Salamonson Y, Griffiths R. Emotional
intelligence as a predictor of academic performance in
first-year accelerated graduate entry nursing students.
Journal of clinical nursing. 2012;21(23-24):3485-92.
8. Liu M, Yin L, Ma E, Lo S, Zeng L. Competency
Inventory for Registered Nurses in Macao: instrument
validation. J Adv Nurs .2009; 65(4):893–900
9. Kozlowski D, Hutchinson M, Hurley J, Rowley J,
Sutherland J. The role of emotion in clinical decision
making: an integrative literature review. BMC medical
10. Mayer JD, Caruso DR, Salovey P. Emotional
intelligence meets traditional standards for an
intelligence. Intelligence. 1999;27(4):267-98.
11. Carmeli A. The relationship between emotional
intelligence and work attitudes, behavior and outcomes:
An examination among senior managers. Journal of
managerial Psychology. 2003;18(8):788-813.
12. Por J, Barriball L, Fitzpatrick J, Roberts J. Emotional
intelligence: Its relationship to stress, coping, wellbeing
and professional performance in nursing
students. Nurse education today. 2011;31(8):855-60.
13. Parker JD, Summerfeldt LJ, Hogan MJ, Majeski
SA. Emotional intelligence and academic success:
Examining the transition from high school to
university. Personality and individual differences.
14. Tehrani TH, Kabir NK, Sheraghi F. The relationship
between emotional intelligence, mental health and
academic achievement in Neyshabour nursing students.
Scientific Journal of Hamadan Nursing & Midwifery
Faculty. 2012;20(3): 35–45.
15. Gadzella BM. Student-life stress inventory:
Identification of and reactions to stressors.
Psychological reports. 1994; 74(2):395-402.
16. Gadzella BM, Baloglu M. Confirmatory factor
analysis and internal consistency of the Student-life
Stress Inventory. Journal of Instructional Psychology.
17. Meretoja R, Isoaho H, Leino-Kilpi H. Nurse
Competence scale: development and psychometric
testing. Journal of advanced nursing. 2004;
18. Sagherian K, Steege LM, Geiger-Brown J, Harrington
D. The Nursing Performance Instrument: Exploratory
and Confirmatory Factor Analyses in Registered
Nurses. Journal of nursing research. 2018;26(2):130-7.
19. Jokiniemi K, Meretoja R, Pietilä AM. Constructing
content validity of clinical nurse specialist core
competencies: exploratory sequential mixed-method
study. Scandinavian journal of caring sciences.
20. Samiee R, Dolati M, Paghaleh MS. The Relationship
between Personal competence of Emotional
Intelligence and Staff performances. International
journal of business and management. 2013; 4(4): 162.
21. Nightingale S, Spiby H, Sheen K, Slade P. The impact
of emotional intelligence in health care professionals
on caring behaviour towards patients in clinical and
long-term care settings: Findings from an integrative
review. International journal of nursing studies.
22. Yilmaz M. The effects of an emotional intelligence
skills training program on the consistent anger levels
of Turkish university students. Social Behavior
and Personality: an international journal. 2009;
23. Noorbakhsh SN, Besharat MA, Zarei J. Emotional
intelligence and coping styles with stress. Procedia-
Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2010;5:818-22.
24. Birks Y, McKendree J, Watt I. Emotional intelligence
and perceived stress in healthcare students: a multiinstitutional,
multi-professional survey. BMC medical
25. Bahrami MA, Taheri Gh, Montazeralfaraj R, Dehghani
Tafti A. The Relationship between Organizational
Climate and Psychological Well-Being of Hospital
Employees. World Journal of Medical Sciences. 2013;
26. Khushde S, Farhangi M, Kouteh BR, Kahrazei F,
Ziapour A. A comparative study of homesickness,
depression, and internet addiction between native
and nonnative students at University of Sistan and
Baluchestan, Iran. Annals of Tropical Medicine and
Public Health. 2017;10(6):1537.
27. Kalyani MN, Pourjam E, Jamshidi N, Karimi S,
Kalyani VN. Survey of stress, anxiety, depression
and self-concept of students of Fasa University of
medical sciences, 2010. Journal of Fasa University of
Medical Sciences. 2013;3(3):235-40.
28. Huang GH, Gove M. Confucianism, Chinese
families, and academic achievement: exploring
how Confucianism and Asian descendant parenting
practices influence children’s academic achievement.
In Science Education in East Asia. Cham: Springer;
2015. pp. 41-66.
29. Abdulghani HM, Al-Drees AA, Khalil MS, Ahmad
F, Ponnamperuma GG, Amin Z. What factors
determine academic achievement in high achieving
undergraduate medical students? A qualitative study.
Med Teach. 2014; 36(sup1):S43-8.
30. Amini M, Nabeiei P, Delavari S. The Relationship
between Emotional Intelligence and Communication
Skills in Healthcare Staff. Self. 2018; 18:3-59.
31. Park H, Lee MJ, Choi GY, Zepernick JS. Challenges
and coping strategies of East Asian graduate students
in the United States. International Social Work.
32. Levitats Z, Vigoda-Gadot E. Yours emotionally:
How emotional intelligence infuses public service
motivation and affects the job outcomes of public
personnel. Public Administration. 2017;95(3):759-75.